Annie Shares News Issue 2.2 February 2022
Everything Annie: www.annchiappetta.com
Here’s to palindromes, 2.2.2022! There are ten palindrome dates during 2022 and in 2021 there were twenty-two. Hm. 💭
I wasn’t going to do it, wasn’t going to give into the year-in-review, fan the rolodex of personal and literary accomplishments and ego-boosting feats and phantasms claiming it is imperative for others to read it and feign being impressed. What can I say? I gave in like a cheap pair of dollar store flip-flops.
Here’s a year in review. I’ll attempt to complete it in quarters and leave the unmentionables unmentioned.
- Two of my books on Audible.com.
- Narrating part of the book, Words of Life: Poems and Essays. Gads of winks to Lilly and Graydon for encouraging me to even do it.
- Completing my YA novel, Hope for the Tarnished and getting it to my editor, Leonore.
- Submitting to more journals and article writing opportunities in paying markets to benefit my craft and visibility in the writing community.
- Collaborating and developing two podcasts.
- Being a guest on two international podcasts to promote my books.
- Posting a monthly newsletter and making it a routine.
- Stepping back from stressful volunteer responsibilities and healing my overstressed mind, body and spirit.
- Joining a private weekly poetry writing and critique group that I adore.
- Embracing my talents in both the physical, creative, and metaphysical places and forms.
- Accepting the aging process and working with what I’ve been given.
I am sure I could go on to number over twenty items but won’t belabor it, folks. I am good and find the place where I am now one of wonder, learning, and balanced with stubbornness necessary to push through the challenges.
Peace and health for you, friends. I value the connections and the free exchange of support and care we’ve shared over the past year and hope we continue the connections into the future.
Dreya the book dragon wants to wish you all well and continued flights of creativity to come your way.
1Red and green dragon floating amid books and musical notes. She is smiling and Ann’s name and the words “Making meaningful connections with others through writing” is to the right of the dragon.